Blogger of Positively ASD
I’m Yvonne, a blogger/content creator of Positively ASD, but most importantly a parent. Similarly, like my son, I am creative too. I also enjoy art, painting, baking and poetry.
Firstly, with input, and ideas from my son, together we capture awesome experiences that I write about in the weblog. Furthermore, we enjoy looking back at our memories and at all our photos on the blog.
Secondly, passion for me comes from being innovative and authentic. I am also dedicated to raising awareness, on my blog, of my son’s rare chromo: a microduplication of chromosome 16p11.2.
I write about autism so that anyone reading this blog is able to understand, accept and value my son’s skills, ideas and character.
Finally, acceptance and inclusion are everything!
“We are not defined by one path; build your own path, and be an original.” Yvonne (parent/blogger/content creator)
Work and Education
Firstly, I have previous experience working as a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant, worked in hotels (in the UK and USA, many departments and job roles), food retail, and business administration. Additionally my educational background is in hospitality and food management, art, and design technology.
Lastly, if you have any questions that you would like to ask me (about my blog), please get in touch by clicking on the button below:
CPD Certificates and Workshops
- Autism and Demand Avoidance Workshop 2019.
- Children on the Spectrum: Anxiety and Self Esteem Workshop 2018.
- EHCP Annual Review Training 2018.
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) Training 2018 (Phase 1, 2 , 3 & 4).
- CPD Certificate in Understand Attachment 2018.
- CPD Certificate in Awareness of Abuse and Neglect 2018.
- Mindblindness/Positive Traits/Communication/Preoccupations/Sensory Interests/Repetitive Behaviours and Social & Emotional Development Workshop 2017.
- CPD Certificate in Safeguarding Children in Education 2017.
- CPD Certificate in a Whole Family Approach 2017.
- Occupational Therapy Workshop: Sensory Processing Strategies Programme 2017.
- CPD Certificate in Children & Young People’s Development in Health and Social Care Settings 2017.
- CPD Certificate in Communication in Health and Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings 2017.
- 1-2-3 Magic Behavioural Management Programme 2017.
- CPD Certificate in Early Development 2017.
- CPD Certificate in Short Breaks for Disabled Children 2017.
- Certificate (CPD) in working with Children with Disabilities 2017.
- Managing Anger Workshop 2016.
- Sensory Needs Workshop 2016.